- Salmonberries (blackberries or raspberries may be substituted)
- Wash and pick over salmonberries.
- Combine with 2/3 of that amount of sugar.
- Stir mixture over moderate heat until sugar dissolves
- Turn to high heat; bring mixture to a boil until it has a thick consistency and the berries become clear.
- Stir constantly.
- When the jam sheets off a spoon, the jell stage has been reached.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars; put on lids and bands.
- Place in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
FROM:Dot Heggie, Gillette, Wyoming
Return to Recipe Index