- 5 QUARTS CRAB APPLES, REDUCED TO 7 CUPS PULP
- 2 CUPS WATER
- ¼ CUP LEMON JUICE
- 1 CUP APPLE JUICE
- ½ CUP WATER
- 1 PKG. PECTIN
- 1 1/3 CUPS HONEY
- Cook crabapples in 2 cups water until they begin to pop (about 20 minutes).
- Press the cooked crabapples through a sieve or food mill.
- In a large saucepanb or kettle, combine pulp, lemon juice, apple juice and water.
- Slowly add pectin.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add honey.
- Bring to a rolling boil; boil 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal, and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
YIELD: EIGHT 8OZ. JARS.
From Kathy Buchner, Jackson, Wyoming
Return to Recipe Index